- A Grade 6 student will be receiving a prize from the Lions’ Club at the Assembly on Monday!
- When asked what was in the down coat to keep the teacher warm, Kindergarten students guessed: sugar / sand / blanket / oxygen / nothing / pillows / air / some little bags with rice in it / white fluff / something soft / feathers.
- It was neat on Monday morning to see a couple teachers sharing plates of food from the Staff Appreciation with students (who could likely use a good snack).
- On Tuesday morning, three 3 boys were building up the Unifix cubes into the 10-frame trains. The teacher gathered the class around and started showing them a limited piece of ‘land’ and asked what people would do when there’s no more land to build houses. One student quickly answered, “They go to Cuba.”
Clips & Tips
Want some good ideas to increase creativity in the classroom? Check this out:
Bits & Pieces
- Teacher meeting discussions will include lunch hour options for next year (due to increased enrolment and Pre-K program), school uniform choices, and a test on who’s replacing whom
- Elementary panel will discuss extra PED Day in Spring and math manipulatives
- Secondary panel will discuss options and possibility of Secondary boot lockers
- Math Consultant is booked to come on February 22nd (K-2 all day) and March 12th (Grades 3-5 half day and Grades 6-Sec2 other half)
Events Next Week
- Monday, February 12th: NF, DG and EV away at LCEEQ in Laval
- Monday, February 12th: ET officially takes over for SeL and MN, ST, CBM and SB split NG’s position until her return
- Monday, February 12th: Assembly with TK at 9h00
- Monday, February 12th: Marks in GPI for report cards by noon
- Monday, February 12th: Soup and a bun for fundraising, Sec 3
- Tuesday, February 13th: ST out for 2 weeks so MN, CAU and CH will split coverage, with SB covering bus supervision
- Wednesday, February 14th: Elementary dance, 50¢
- Wednesday, February 14th: Dress pink or red for free
- Thursday, February 15th: Parents’ Night starts at 18h30
- Friday, February 16th: Teacher Meeting at 9:00 a.m. and panel meetings in p.m.