Day: 2 March 2018
Great Things Seen & Heard
- One little boy was heard telling his classmate, “My daddy knows a LOT!”. The little girl’s response, “My daddy knows EVERYTHING!”
- This was shared by a mom during the parent/teacher meeting. Her daughter was relieved that the 100th day in Kindergarten is gone and she’s still in Kindergarten. The little girl was a bit anxious and nervous, thinking that she’ll have to go to Grade 1 after the 100th day.
- A teacher asked a student to tell me about his painting and this is what he said as he described it: “Queen plus love equals King.”
Clips & Tips
Discover all those grammar rules you never learned in school by having this free plug-in added to your browser or MS Office. It even has a plagiarism checker and explains the rules as you go!!
Bits & Pieces
- If our secretary has a “Do Not Disturb” sign on the counter, it means she has deadlines to meet and would rather you send an email with your question or please come back a little later.
- The CQSB Math Consultant is booked to start at 8:30 on March 12th with K-2 teachers (all day)
- Fundraising or outing requests due by March 20th
- Employment requests (percentage change, transfers, retirement) are due in April—details posted in staff room and in office.
Events Next School Week
- Monday, March 12th: PED Day: Math Consultant for K-2 all day
- Monday, March 12th: School Council at 16h00
- Wednesday, March 14th: Possibility of International Student Protest Day
- Friday, March 16th: Drawing Contest, dress green (50¢) and Gold Hunt (free)
- Friday, March 16th: Carrefour Jeunesse brief info session at 11h09 (Little Theatre)