Day: 1 June 2018
Great Things Seen & Heard
- Second floor teachers were happy to take part in choosing flooring colours!
- A Secondary 3 boy returned from the store and gave a frozen treat to every student that was in the lounge, much to their surprise!
Clips & Tips
Socio-economic status has been shown to impact the vocabulary development of children. As a matter of fact, the difference in size of vocabulary between rich families and poor ones has been come to be known as the “word gap,” a difference as high as 30 million words by age three. Understanding the obstacles faced by many of our students could help us impact their lives. Read more to make your own connections:
Bits & Pieces
- We will not have a regular biweekly assembly on June 11th because of exams in the gym.
- We will have a year-end assembly for Elementary on June 22nd, but awards will wait for the first assembly coming back in 2018-19.
- Teachers will not have much access to the school during the summer because of the projected flooring project.
Events Next Week
- Monday, June 4th: CQSB Track Meet cancelled
- Monday, June 4th: School Council meeting at 3:50 PM
- Monday, June 4th: Rugby at Ste-Geneviève-de-Batiscan (5:00 PM) in the rain
- Tuesday, June 5th: cancelled Benson Track & Field for rain
- Wednesday, June 6th: Grade 6 annual Blood Drive at the Manège militaire
- Wednesday, June 6th: Architect visit school with tradespeople at 4:00 PM
- Wednesday, June 6th: Rugby at Ste-Geneviève-de-Batiscan (5:00 PM)
- Wednesday, June 6th: K swimming
- Thursday, June 7th: Grade 6 at Foyer St-Maurice
- Friday, June 8th: Freezie sale for Grade 4
- Friday, June 8th: Benson Track & Field (rain date)
- Friday, June 8th: K, Grades 1 & 2 at Camp Minogami
- Friday, June 8th: Last day of classes for Secondary