- Baby chicks were a big hit in the Grade 6 classroom!
- Speaking of chicks, one student named a mother hen after his teacher!
Clips & Tips
What we think is important to success for students does not always make a measurable difference. Check out John Hattie’s research here to see what works best for learning:
Bits & Pieces
- Report cards are due in the office February 18th at 8:00 AM
- Due to a shortage of bus drivers, we are having trouble booking buses. Please ask our secretary to book buses as soon as you know of an outing.
- Please remember to add your out-of-class activities to the shared calendar.
- Parent-teacher evening is February 21st (please remember your supper break when scheduling your interviews).
- Next PED day is February 22nd.
Events Next Week
- Monday, February 11th: Assembly at 9h00
- Monday, February 11th: Soup sale for Sec. 3
- Monday, February 11th: Teacher Meeting at 15h50
- Tuesday, February 12th: Day 3 Meeting for everyone in Staff Room
- Tuesday, February 12th: Student Council at 13h00
- Wednesday, February 13th: Grades 5 & 6 to the Art Centre
- Thursday, February 14th: Pink, red and white day for 50¢
- Thursday, February 14th: Grade 6 to seniors’ lodge
- Friday, February 15th: End of Term 2
- Friday, February 15th: Skating Centre Gervais K-4