- When asked, a K student said that girls and boys used to have separate doors because they kissed too much!
- Two visitors from CASE commented that our Secondary 3 students were very well-behaved!
Clips & Tips
If you thought it was funny that a K student thought her dad was turning 17 on his next birthday, listen in on how children describe their parents:
While you’re at it, check out the HiHo Kids channel on YouTube. There is a whole series of “Kids Meet,” “Kids Try”, “Kids Describe” and even “Behind the Scenes” videos!
Bits & Pieces
- Please submit all receipts to principal (or make arrangements) by June 7th
- Please submit any final outings or fundraising requests by June 7th
- Exam weeks for Secondary from June 10th to June 19th.
- Exterior construction equipment begins arriving week of June 10th.
- The School Board will prepare a communiqué for our staff and parents.
- Actual demolition begins during week of June 17th (but NOT on June 19th!)
- High School Convocation Ceremony in gym during afternoon of June 19th.
- High School Prom in evening of June 20th.
Events Next Week
- Monday, June 3rd: Benson Track Meet
- Monday, June 3rd: Assembly at 9:00 AM
- Monday, June 3rd: School Council after school
- Tuesday, June 4th: rain date for Benson Track Meet
- Tuesday, June 4th: NO Day 7 Meeting
- Tuesday, June 4th: Elementary students line up outside before coming in starting today
- Tuesday, June 4th: Student surveys in computer lab (Secondary)
- Tuesday, June 5th: Student Council wrap-up meeting
- Tuesday, June 4th: Elementary teachers bring students down for buses starting today
- Wednesday, June 5th: KT away for 7 school days
- Wednesday, June 5th: Sec 5 FSL exam in AM
- Thursday, June 6th: Sec 5 FSL exam in AM
- Thursday, June 6th: Grad meeting at lunch
- Friday, June 7th: Last day of classes for Secondary
- Friday, June 7th: Day 3 Meetings: Elem in Oasis and Sec in Library
- Friday, June 7th: Receipts (or make arrangements) and outings requests to principal
- Friday, June 7th: Sec 5 FSL exam in AM
- Friday, June 7th: Set up desks in gym for exams
- Our secretary was complimented in the Parent Survey as always welcoming and helpful!
- The Sec 1 student assigned to community service has been very helpful with younger students in Math!
- Social stories by one of our SET’s are having a positive impact on Grade 3 students!
- Our school was selected to receive a donation of furniture!