- Quoted from staff members: Our new day-cleaner is “amazing, super nice, and great with kids!”
- Our new doorbell is coming soon!
- A Grade 10 student discovered this week that marks come from handing in assignments and that without handing any assignments in, there is no mark!
- A teacher discovered that taking a printer hostage works to obtain quick response time!
- Quote from teacher: “Helping each other out makes everyone’s day go better!”
- A staff member discovered that no secrets are safe when you share them with everyone!
- We found out that the number of days without incident written on the board was for the teacher, not the students!
- Heard and oft repeated this week: Better to be six feet over than six feet under!
- We learned that accidentally inviting the whole division to our PD day and breakfast is a great way to virtually meet new people!
- Our own PE teacher has been asked to chair a new PE committee for the division! Extra-curricular sports activities are soon to be coming!
Clips & Tips
Needing to find teaching and learning materials? Check out the Critical Thinking Consortium’s website here:
Bits & Pieces
- Discussions at Staff Meeting include bathroom breaks, report card dates, detentions for latecomers (making progress but tweaking process), Terry Fox date, Grad possibilities, present Hazard Assessments, and play Kahoot (feel free to BYOD)
- Many new laptops and Chromebooks have been added to our supply.
- Reminder: bathrooms are closed during breaks but not during lunch.
- Reminder: since psychologists are not coming in person due to Covid, students use our conference room for private sessions via Zoom (please do not barge in and question students about why they’re there).
- We will have another School Council meeting on October 6th to find more parents to fill positions.
- Next PD Day October 9th, with CRM overview and Blanket Exercise (with PVO coming over).
- Teachers should have their long-term plans and Personal Growth Plans in electronically this week.
Events This Week
- Monday, September 28th: Hot lunch is Donair and Onion Rings
- Monday, September 28th: Staff Meeting after school (see Bits & Pieces for plan).
- Tuesday, September 29th: Administrators’ PD (9:00am-12:00pm)
- Tuesday, September 29th: Hot lunch is Sausage Rigatoni and Crustini
- Wednesday, September 30th: Orange Shirt Day—please wear orange J.
- Wednesday, September 30th: Hot Lunch is Pizza and Salad
- Thursday, October 1st: Hot lunch is Chicken Caesar Salad
- Thursday, October 1st: Volleyball after school for boys
- Thursday, October 1st: Staff fireside gathering at TP’s ranch
- Friday, October 2nd: Hot lunch is Steak and Potatoes and Pepper Hash
- We made it through our first full week with full student body! Congratulations!
- We’ve received many compliments over school organization so far! Keep it up, team!
- Orange shirts have arrived—they’re beautiful!
- A staff member catching a student in the hallway with no mask realized she had no mask either—now that’s an example of everyone makes a mistake sometime!
Clips & Tips
This website includes a section that has been conceived to help teachers address many critical aspects of citizenship with their students, including digital citizenship. Filters are available to find exactly what you need:
Bits & Pieces
- Fire drill during the week—date confirmation by email.
- Hazard questionnaires will be distributed shortly.
- Fall assessments have a new timeline this year (OAC extended into October if needed, MIPI access should be available during the week).
- We are working on the digital tool subscription (to be ordered centrally).
- Class list finalization should be complete by Monday.
- We have teachers at our school that can help others with Planbook; please ask if you need support!
- We will have a riverside social event in the evening on October 1st.
- Orange Shirt Day coming up on September 30th.
Events This Week
- Monday, September 21st: Sports (ASAA) virtual town hall meeting for registered participants.
- Monday, September 21st: Hot lunch is tacos.
- Tuesday, September 22nd: School Council at 6:00 PM by Zoom for pre-registered parents and staff
- Tuesday, September 22nd: Hot lunch is chicken Caesar salad.
- Wednesday, September 23rd: Hot lunch is lasagna and garlic toast.
- Thursday, September 24th: Breakfast team begins preparation of meal in last block.
- Thursday, September 24th: Hot lunch is beef and broccoli with rice.
- Friday, September 25th: Breakfast at 8:00 AM (pre-ordered to meet safety requirements).
- Friday, September 25th: SLP training for EA’s from 8:30 to 11:00 AM
- Friday, September 25th: Google and School Messenger breakout/workout sessions from 8:30 AM to 12:00 PM (schedule to be confirmed by email).
- Friday, September 25th: Indigenous Support session from 1:00 to 2:00 PM
- Friday, September 25th: Collaboration from 2:00 PM to 3:30 PM