- We have a tight race for first place with the Wellness Google Challenge: way to go SM, CW and JA for cheering on your Block 2 classes!
- One of our staff members has been on the Oprah show! She’s a celebrity!
- When a teacher told a student that he did a good job, he thought he’d get the day off tomorrow!
- This week (November 19th) we had full staff for the first time since September 8th!
- I heard what the best thing is to do on a Friday night: to go home and lay like broccoli! (That’s a different way of saying to “veg out”; I hope it doesn’t mean the same thing as “Netflix and chill” since I’m quoting it in public.)
Clips & Tips
Many student resources are available on the Student Learning Hub, including a variety of videos that can be shown to your class:
Bits & Pieces
- We may adjust our regular bi-weekly staff meeting (or Collaborative Team meeting) to have only one meeting in December—watch for confirmation and date.
- An interactive robot is scheduled to visit our school on December 3rd. The robot will be asking questions of staff and students so put on your best behaviour!
- We have been reminded that any international travel over Christmas is to be followed by a mandatory 14-day quarantine.
- Our school will be quarantined during Christmas break (only cleaning staff allowed inside).
Events This Week
- Monday, November 23rd: Last day to buy poinsettias.
- Monday, November 23rd: Student Success meetings in CG’s office in afternoon.
- Monday, November 23rd: Hot lunch is Chef’s Salad.
- Monday, November 23rd: Collaboration Team meetings, 3:45PM to 4:45PM.
- Tuesday, November 24th: Hot lunch is Ham with Scalloped Potatoes & Veggies.
- Tuesday, November 24th: Learning Supports Meeting at 12:30 PM.
- Tuesday, November 24th: Boys’ basketball after school.
- Wednesday, November 25th: Hot lunch is Chicken Tacos.
- Wednesday, November 25th: Last volleyball session after school.
- Thursday, November 26th: Hot lunch Pasta and Meat Sauce.
- Thursday, November 26th: Boys’ basketball after school.
- Friday, November 27th: PD Day—meet at 8:30 in Learning Commons.
- Friday, November 27th: Webinar (Collaborative Response) at 9:00
- Friday, November 27th: Indigenous Coaching Session at 10:30
- Friday, November 27th: Lunch Break from 11:30 to 12:30 (free time)
- Friday, November 27th: Second webinar (Collaborative Response) at 12:30
- Friday, November 27th: Discuss lock-down procedure at 2:00 PM followed by collaboration time
- Friday, November 27th: The Santa Parade starts at our school shortly after 7:00 PM! (Did we know that ahead of time?)
- A big Thank You to those who organized the outstanding virtual Remembrance Day ceremony! Awesome job!
- One of our Science teachers can eat 18 tacos in one sitting!
- Good question overheard: Where does teepee raising happen, inside or outside?
Clips & Tips
We often remind students to verify their resources before using them in research projects and other homework. On page found with this link, you can have them test their ability to check which stories are true or false:
Bits & Pieces
- Welcome back from our mini-vacation!
- This week is Métis Week—expect a special announcement every day.
- See KM if you or anyone you know is interested in the boat license course ($35).
- Poinsettia Sale (fundraising for Basketball) continues.
- Basketball for girls begins next week.
- Our next bi-weekly staff meeting (Collaborative Teams this time) will be on November 23rd.
- School Culture Club Breakfast next PD Day (November 27th)
- Next PD Day (November 27th) activities will include two 90-minute CRM webinars (9 AM and 12:30 PM) and our Indigenous Coach session (10:30 AM).
- The scheduled Superintendent’s visit is on December 3rd.
Events This Week
- Monday, November 16th: Today is Louis Riel Day!
- Monday, November 16th: Student Success meetings in CG’s office.
- Monday, November 16th: Hot lunch is Tacos.
- Monday, November 16th: Parent-Teacher Interviews, Google Hangout (phone calls), 5PM to 7PM.
- Tuesday, November 17th: Hot lunch is Pizza Pockets.
- Tuesday, November 17th: Parent-Teacher Interviews, Google Hangout (phone calls), 5PM to 7PM.
- Wednesday, November 18th: Hot lunch is Salisbury Steak and Roast Potatoes.
- Wednesday, November 18th: Final volleyball session after school today.
- Thursday, November 19th: Hot lunch is Chili.
- Friday, November 20th: Hot lunch is Teriyaki Meatballs, Rice and Slaw.
- Friday, November 20th: Forestry Career presentation in Learning Commons at 2:00 PM.