- We have a tight race for first place with the Wellness Google Challenge: way to go SM, CW and JA for cheering on your Block 2 classes!
- One of our staff members has been on the Oprah show! She’s a celebrity!
- When a teacher told a student that he did a good job, he thought he’d get the day off tomorrow!
- This week (November 19th) we had full staff for the first time since September 8th!
- I heard what the best thing is to do on a Friday night: to go home and lay like broccoli! (That’s a different way of saying to “veg out”; I hope it doesn’t mean the same thing as “Netflix and chill” since I’m quoting it in public.)
Clips & Tips
Many student resources are available on the Student Learning Hub, including a variety of videos that can be shown to your class:
Bits & Pieces
- We may adjust our regular bi-weekly staff meeting (or Collaborative Team meeting) to have only one meeting in December—watch for confirmation and date.
- An interactive robot is scheduled to visit our school on December 3rd. The robot will be asking questions of staff and students so put on your best behaviour!
- We have been reminded that any international travel over Christmas is to be followed by a mandatory 14-day quarantine.
- Our school will be quarantined during Christmas break (only cleaning staff allowed inside).
Events This Week
- Monday, November 23rd: Last day to buy poinsettias.
- Monday, November 23rd: Student Success meetings in CG’s office in afternoon.
- Monday, November 23rd: Hot lunch is Chef’s Salad.
- Monday, November 23rd: Collaboration Team meetings, 3:45PM to 4:45PM.
- Tuesday, November 24th: Hot lunch is Ham with Scalloped Potatoes & Veggies.
- Tuesday, November 24th: Learning Supports Meeting at 12:30 PM.
- Tuesday, November 24th: Boys’ basketball after school.
- Wednesday, November 25th: Hot lunch is Chicken Tacos.
- Wednesday, November 25th: Last volleyball session after school.
- Thursday, November 26th: Hot lunch Pasta and Meat Sauce.
- Thursday, November 26th: Boys’ basketball after school.
- Friday, November 27th: PD Day—meet at 8:30 in Learning Commons.
- Friday, November 27th: Webinar (Collaborative Response) at 9:00
- Friday, November 27th: Indigenous Coaching Session at 10:30
- Friday, November 27th: Lunch Break from 11:30 to 12:30 (free time)
- Friday, November 27th: Second webinar (Collaborative Response) at 12:30
- Friday, November 27th: Discuss lock-down procedure at 2:00 PM followed by collaboration time
- Friday, November 27th: The Santa Parade starts at our school shortly after 7:00 PM! (Did we know that ahead of time?)