Day: 18 January 2021
Great Things Seen & Heard
- When a class was working on assignments that hadn’t been completed by students while they were on-line, one student wrote “I’d rather be working on-line” instead of answers!
- We had two pirates on staff last week; two left eye injuries!
- One day of homework with a bit of squeezing brought one student’s average up by 13%!
- One poor student thought he was going to pass out waiting for his girlfriend to arrive!
- Students can stand next to the “this door unlocked” sign for 25 minutes and not notice!
- A staff member’s new name is “Terry,” at least to one parent.
- Another staff member was privileged to be warned by a student not to walk through his fart!
- We saw a teacher wearing a tin hat while teaching!
Clips & Tips
Having had many discussions about culture recently, this new cultural trend is worth looking into. Read it to find how social reality can hold more weight than truth in certain situations:
Bits & Pieces
- Timetable for Semester Two is nearly complete; five options are currently on the table depending on many variables including student registration.
- If you haven’t done so, please submit a blank copy of final exams to administration before testing (email is fine).
- Teachers administer their own exams unless several classes are scheduled at the same time.
- After completion, submit all final exams (with answer key) to TP for filing.
- Assessment Week will be for a variety of assessment types.
- Biology Diploma exam on January 25th.
- Next bi-weekly staff meeting after school will be on January 25th.
- Chemistry Diploma exam on January 26th.
- School awarded marks into office by January 26th for Diploma courses.
- All Report Card marks into office by 8:30 AM on January 27th (highlight any marks at 25% or lower).
- Common PD Day, January 29th (EA’s have CRM training, cooks have PLC, teachers have indigenous training).
- Report Cards emailed at 3:30 PM, January 29th.
- Second semester begins on February 1st.
- Common PD Day, February 3rd.
- Teachers Convention on February 4th and 5th.
- Clarification: when someone has been Covid positive, AHS approves return to school 10 days after first symptom and not 10 days after test. AHS gives us the date of safe return and we do not question it.
Events This Week
- Monday, January 18th: Last week of classes for Semester One.
- Monday, January 18th: Hot lunch is Shepherd’s Pie.
- Tuesday, January 19th: Hot Lunch is Pork Roast, veggies, and mashed potatoes.
- Tuesday, January 19th: Administrator’s PD in afternoon.
- Tuesday, January 19th: Trustee discussion group after school (TR & EV).
- Tuesday, January 19th: Evening online meeting for teachers (ATA’s bugM), 6:00 PM.
- Wednesday, January 20th: Pizza party for Block 2 Wellness Winners (CB)
- Wednesday, January 20th: Hot lunch is Hamburgers and Fries.
- Wednesday, January 20th: Math Diploma exam in library.
- Wednesday, January 20th: Specialist collaboration after school
- Thursday, January 21st: ELA Diploma exam (Part B) in library.
- Thursday, January 21st: Hot lunch is Tortellini with pasta sauce.
- Thursday, January 21st: MacEwan presentation with KJo in Room 136.
- Friday, January 22nd: Last day of regular classes for students (except ESP).
- Friday, January 22nd: Social Diploma exam (Part B) in library.
- Friday, January 22nd: Hot lunch is Beef with broccoli and rice.