- An Edmonton Oilers shirt was ordered for a student that really appreciates the team. What a great idea!
- Some of our students have said they never want their Math-Science teacher to leave so when she has her baby next month, she can come right back—they have the babysitting arrangements all worked out between the three of them! There you go, SM, you can never leave!
- Our career coach was in such a flurry of activity that he accidentally reversed letters of TR’s first name on his email so the message went to someone at the board (TLY). She didn’t mind the extra attention!
- On the phone at the end of a long day, I accidentally spelled my last name V as in victory -I-C-T-O-R-Y. If I had to get it wrong, at least that was a good name to pick!
- Our secretary also had a long day: she accidentally hung up on a parent instead of transferring the call to our career coach!
- The problem with having windows in the office is that there is no privacy, not even for primping oneself before Zoom meetings!
Clips & Tips
Since we will be recognizing the Moose Hide Campaign on Thursday, it only seems appropriate to learn more about it this week. YouTube has a selection of videos to bring us to understanding before we share the slide show our VP has prepared for us with his students:
Bits & Pieces
- Maplewood has been converted to Edsembli SIS for office staff, but the teachers’ version will not change before the end of the year.
- Since so many teachers had significant learning at the Teachers’ Convention, we will tweak our regular meeting schedule to have a common sharing time.
- All staff is invited to a voluntary discussion meeting with the Board at 3:30 on February 10th (virtual) to discuss items brought up in the online survey organized by our communications department. The invitation has been sent by email so please let me know if you haven’t received it.
- On February 11th, the Moose Hide Campaign will be recognized with a video in the morning and by students distributing moose-hide patches afterwards for those who would like to display their commitment to addressing the issue of violence against women and children.
- Reminder: cell phone policy returns full force but starts over on our shared tracking sheet.
- Reminder: only one student per class out of the room at a time, and hopefully once per class.
- Reminder to all staff: please remember to pay for any goods and services you have received. That includes fundraising items you have taken home, for canteen lunches, for IA projects and services, for Fashion projects and services, and for Cosmo products.
- Term ends April 1st.
- Family Day on February 15th.
- Next bi-weekly collaborative team meeting on February 22nd after school for CRM teams.
Events This Week
- Monday, February 8th: Hall passes are still light purple this week.
- Monday, February 8th: Regular biweekly meeting for teachers at 3:40 (all teachers together, sharing learning from convention).
- Monday, February 8th: Hot lunch is Donair and fries.
- Tuesday, February 9th: Administrators’ PD in morning.
- Tuesday, February 9th: Secretary’s training for PASI in morning.
- Tuesday, February 9th: Hot Lunch is Salisbury steak and roast potatoes.
- Wednesday, February 10th: Hot Lunch is Chili and a roll.
- Wednesday, February 10th: EV at UofL career fair in afternoon.
- Wednesday, February 10th: Virtual meeting with Board for all interested staff at 3:30 PM.
- Thursday, February 11th: Secondary Principals’ meeting in morning.
- Thursday, February 11th: Moose Hide Campaign (video in morning, see Bits & Pieces).
- Thursday, February 11th: Hot Lunch is Pasta and meat sauce.
- Thursday, February 11th: Grade 9 Transition planning meeting at 1:00 PM.
- Friday, February 12th: Hot Lunch is Chef’s salad.