- On February 10th, all staff were present all day for the second time this school year!
- Our front-desk secretary has a task not many recognize: sending escaping students back to class as they try to sneak past the office!
- In copying text in an email to coaches, I accidentally repeated a volleyball team could have drills to practice “surfing” instead of practicing “serving”!
- During hallway duty, I accidentally tried to confiscate a bottle of cologne when a student held it up to his nose at his friend’s locker! Oops!
Clips & Tips
With our renewed CRM focus on inclusion, check out some 5-minute videos from an expert you may have seen at the recent teachers’ convention, or browse resources (such as an IPP evidence log and planning goal continuums) on her website:
Bits & Pieces
- We are tweaking our bathroom pass procedure to eliminate congestion in the bathroom hallway; please refrain from sending students to the bathroom for 10 minutes after the bell (and 5 minutes before).
- We still discover a stash of hallway passes from time to time; please ensure your students do not have free access to your supply.
- Next bi-weekly collaborative team meeting will be on February 22nd after school for CRM teams. New planning tools will be available later this week, including strategy checklists.
- Since Maplewood was converted to Edsembli SIS for office staff last week, we are still learning to accomplish some functions we used to take for granted and appreciate your patience!
- Reminder: only one student per class out of the room at a time, and once per class as well.
- Reminder to all staff: please remember to pay for any goods and services you have received. That includes fundraising items you have taken home, for canteen lunches, for IA projects and services, for Fashion projects and services, and for Cosmo products.
- At our March 12th PD Day, we will look at what the new Pratt will look at after pandemic measures are lifted.
- Term ends April 1st.
Events This Week
- Monday, February 15th: Enjoy Family Day today!
- Tuesday, February 16th: Admin Association meeting at 9:00 AM.
- Tuesday, February 16th: Hot Lunch is Italian Chicken and risotto
- Tuesday, February 16th: Numeracy Committee after school (designated teacher)
- Wednesday, February 17th: Classroom observation in first block.
- Wednesday, February 17th: HP administrators meet at 10:30 AM.
- Wednesday, February 17th: Hot Lunch is Bean and Corn Quesadilla.
- Thursday, February 18th: Learning Support Teachers meet all day.
- Thursday, February 18th: Hot Lunch is Pasta and Meat Sauce.
- Thursday, February 18th: Classroom observation in third block.
- Thursday, February 18th: MacEwan presentation at 2:00 PM in Room 133.
- Friday, February 19th: Hot Lunch is Chef’s Salad.