- Our school received the highest compliments regarding students following guidelines!
- Some students apparently thought PDA was allowed because it fits in with Biology class!
- Our food survey went well, and many new suggestions came up for us to consider!
- A student came up with a new way to skip school: he told his mom that we had kicked him out (untrue) while he told us that his mom was in the hospital and that he had to leave town (also untrue).
- Students in one of the foods classes have been nicknamed with food names—the kids love it!
- The brain hats were a big hit in Biology class!
- A student told us that he had a job working in carpentry to count towards Work Experience, but in reality, he was a pumping gas!
- We have staff members practicing their morning greetings in different languages. I love it!
- Another language lesson: “would y’as like to” means “would you guys like to?”
Clips & Tips
There are many resources for teaching challenging students on this website, but I especially appreciate the availability of strategies posted under different categories (student needs, exceptionalities, and diagnosed conditions) and subdivided further into easy steps in this section that we’ll be reviewing with our CRM teams:
Bits & Pieces
- In this week’s team meetings, we will establish the five greatest learning needs in our classes and begin developing strategic plans for meeting those needs using this week’s link (in Clips & Tips).
- Next bi-weekly collaborative team meeting will be on March 8th after school to check on progress with our CRM teams.
- At our March 12th PD Day, we will look at what the new Pratt will look at after pandemic measures are lifted.
- Daylight Saving Time begins on March 14th.
- Term ends April 1st, the day before Spring Break.
Events This Week
- Monday, February 22nd: Wellness coach away all day.
- Monday, February 22nd: Hot Lunch is Beef Barley Soup.
- Monday, February 22nd: CRM teams meet after school with greatest need documents.
- Tuesday, February 23rd: Hot Lunch is Moo Shoo Pork and rice.
- Tuesday, February 23rd: Learning Supports Team meeting at 12:30 PM.
- Wednesday, February 24th: HP Principals meet in morning.
- Wednesday, February 24th: Pink Shirt Day.
- Wednesday, February 24th: Hot Lunch is Chicken Caesar Salad.
- Wednesday, February 24th: Dual Credit course selection meeting in PM.
- Thursday, February 25th: Classroom observation in Block 2.
- Thursday, February 25th: School Board Survey
- Thursday, February 25th: Hot Lunch is Lasagna and garlic toast.
- Friday, February 26th: School Board Survey
- Friday, February 26th: Hot Lunch is Quesadillas.