- Thank you to those teachers that have contacted parents of absent students and added notes to the online notepad!
- We saw an all-star entry into P.E. class on Monday: lights out, spotlight on, and music!
- We experienced a different type of quarantine this week: our email program censors swear words so teachers cannot email others about the words their students say in class!
- We were alarmed when we heard about the kidnapping at HPE and shocked they didn’t even go into lockdown, but then we found out the kid woke up!
- We have our first student on CB’s focus group to discuss HPSD survey results. That’s a great start!
- We have our first student engaged in our Outdoor Ed day!
- Thanks for the surprise treats delivered to the office on Friday!
- We thought students were late because they were at Mack’s house, but the went to Mac’s for slurpees!
- Answering a call for Kitchen? It was probably a call for KM…
- Ever hear of someone experiencing abuse and claiming they walked into a door? We actually had someone walk into my door when leaving the office!
- Note to self: be careful not to replace the “u” for an “i” when reading an email to the maintenance department out loud…
- More important note to self: do not stand in front of the fire exit door to see if anyone uses it after school…
Clips & Tips
As we work on prioritizing student needs and finding feasible solutions, it’s helpful to review core values in High School redesign. On the ARPDC website, there are many resources for those of us that are looking for tools. Check into the Tool Kit and supporting document here:
Bits & Pieces
- So far, 82% of Grad students’ parents have completed the survey; results to be shared after school Monday at regular teachers’ meeting.
- Reminder to put notes in Maplewood for absences; we cannot send letters until phone contacts have been made or attempted.
- In next week’s team meetings (March 8th), we will determine which students represent the five greatest learning needs in our classes and look over the playbooks of strategic plans for meeting those needs. Teams will have to ensure the strategies are indeed classroom strategies.
- At our March 12th PD Day, we will be discussing what we want for the new Pratt, choosing PTI dates for Term 2 (plus 2 hours from January), discussing what are our expectations of streaming, sharing plans for April 1st treat day, setting up our lock-down practice.
- Also on March 12th, our indigenous PD will be at 1:00 PM.
- Daylight Saving Time begins on March 14th. Spring Forward, so prepare to lose an hour of sleep!
- A Day to Remember: we are working on a major treat day on April 1st; stay tuned for details!
- Term ends April 1st, the day before Spring Break.
Events This Week
- Monday, March 8th: Hot Lunch is Macaroni and Cheese.
- Monday, March 8th: Principals meet at 2:50 PM regarding 2021-2022 planning.
- Monday, March 8th: Regular bi-weekly meeting at 3:35 PM: join together for common meeting regarding school photos (survey results and news) then head to different team locations for CRM team meetings (review classroom strategies and determine target students for each area of need).
- Monday, March 8th: School Council at 6:00 PM to review resolutions for SC conference.
- Tuesday, March 9th: Hot Lunch is Chicken Quesadillas.
- Tuesday, March 9th: Numeracy meeting with EV/TR after school.
- Wednesday, March 10th: Hot Lunch is Hamburgers.
- Wednesday, March 10th: Literacy Committee meeting with HPSD after school.
- Thursday, March 11th: Indigenous Lunch’n’Learn for 20 registered students.
- Thursday, March 11th: Hot Lunch is Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup.
- Thursday, March 11th: Principals finally have training on the Maplewood replacement, 1:30 PM.
- Friday, March 12th: Virtual Meeting at 9:00 AM: discussion of streaming, PTI, April 1st events, school views, lock-down practice.
- Friday, March 12th: Indigenous Coach session at 1:00 PM.
- Friday, March 12th: Career Coaches, EV and TR meet with PRS people regarding 2021-2022.