- Baby Nora was born at 9:30 AM on Thursday; both mom and baby are doing well!
- We were alarmed when we heard someone saw an attempted murder over the lunch hour, but then heard that only one crow showed up! (a murder is a group of crows, by the way)
- Thank you to those teachers that filled out the intent form so quickly!
- Boys in Foods class were excited to hear they would be using Extra Virgin Oil in class!
- Alarms are coming to our end-of-hallway doors!
- Student’s excuse: “But I’m not wandering the halls; I know exactly where I’m going!”
- Our Numeracy Committee has some great plans for increasing student engagement!
- A student was scolded for saying “I’m dumb” but he’d actually said “I’m down” meaning he was signing up for something!
- Our one and only Art teacher managed to win a push-up challenge by a student, 52 push-ups to 50! Way to go! (The student claims he will call for a rematch soon…)
Clips & Tips
We have a free subscription to Edpuzzle through our school board. To help you maximize the utility of this application, I strongly recommend you watch one or more webinar videos, and then play around with the application afterwards. Here are the two links:
Bits & Pieces
- Daylight Saving Time begins on March 14th. Spring Forward, so prepare to lose an hour of sleep!
- We had a final 88% of Grad student participation in our questionnaire.
- We were waiting for confirmation of the dates for Grad photos in our school, we received notice of cessation of service by the photographer’s company instead. Back to the drawing board!
- Our next regular bi-weekly team meeting will be on March 22nd, and after that, the next one will be April 19th.
- A Day to Remember: we are working on a major treat day on April 1st; please see CB with further ideas!
- Term ends April 1st, the day before Spring Break.
- Core subject teachers will meet up with PRS teachers at 2:00 PM on April 30th.
Events This Week
- Monday, March 15th: Hot Lunch is chicken Caesar salad.
- Monday, March 15th: Métis fiddling virtual guest at 2:30 PM (Aboriginal Studies).
- Monday, March 15th: TR begins virtual conference in evening.
- Tuesday, March 16th: TR attends virtual conference all morning (please do not disturb).
- Tuesday, March 16th: Hot Lunch is Beef Fajita.
- Tuesday, March 16th: Admin Association meeting at 1:00 PM.
- Tuesday, March 16th: Google Phone parent-teacher interviews from 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM.
- Wednesday, March 17th: TR attends virtual conference all morning (please do not disturb).
- Wednesday, March 17th: Hot Lunch is Taco in a Bag.
- Wednesday, March 17th: COSC meeting for School Council chairperson & principal, 7:00 PM.
- Thursday, March 18th: PL with other LST’s in training all day.
- Thursday, March 18th: Hot Lunch is Chicken Cacciatore.
- Friday, March 19th: Hot Lunch is Pasta and Meat Sauce.