Day: 14 November 2021
Great Things Seen & Heard
- A new substitute confused our two older white-haired men on her first day.
- Volleyball divisional results: girls won and boys came in second. Way to go, teams! Thanks, DW!
- Killer weekend for one teacher: her family members had much hunting success and she got her moose! Congratulations, JA!
- Conversation with student: Maybe tutoring will help? (No, dear, you have missed 80% of your classes so it will take more than that…)
- Overheard: Today is all right, but tomorrow will be my favourite day: it will be like a Friday but will only be Tuesday!
- Overheard: Lazy plus absence equals a deathly combination.
- Student asks for exemption for an assignment: First he had volleyball, then he had basketball, and THEN he had a shop fire. The shop lighting on fire was totally beyond his control.
- What kind of drawl do some students have at EWP? Why, withdrawl of course!
Clips & Tips
Technology advances can open up new ethical challenges for data collection and use of data. Imagine this scenario developing in our own school:
Bits & Pieces
- Our school’s turn for Discussion with the Board will be November 25th at 3:30 PM.
- Next regular bi-weekly meeting after school on November 22nd.
- Next PD day on November 26th includes a Sharing Circle with Elders at 1:00 PM.
- Ref Clinic for Basketball from November 26th to 27th.
- Next First Aid classes for Rec Leadership on November 29th and 30th.
- Community Town Hall meeting for our parents and school community members in the evening of December 1st.
- Basketball tournament at our school on December 3rd and 4th.
Events This Week
- Week of November 15th through 19th: Métis Week daily activities
- Monday, November 15th: Hot Lunch is Chicken Bacon Ranch Wrap.
- Monday, November 15th: Jewelry-making over lunch hour, in the Art Room.
- Tuesday, November 16th: Our Counselling Consultant will be at EWP today.
- Tuesday, November 16th: Administration Association meeting at 9:00 AM.
- Tuesday, November 16th: HPSD Budget Presentation at 11:00 AM.
- Tuesday, November 16th: Hot Lunch is Veggie Burrito Bowl.
- Tuesday, November 16th: Parent-Teacher Phone Interviews from 4:00 to 6:00 PM.
- Tuesday, November 16th: School Council Online Meeting at 6:00 PM.
- Wednesday, November 17th: Wear your moccasins for Rock your Mocs!
- Wednesday, November 17th: Hot Lunch is Lasagna.
- Thursday, November 18th: Hot Lunch is Tomato Soup and Grilled Cheese.
- Thursday, November 18th: Grad students at 12:00 in Room 133.
- Thursday, November 18th: Grad Parents online meeting at 4:30 PM.
- Friday, November 19th: Hot Lunch is Chicken Burger.