- Overheard: A Math student complained, “I am struggling with this material as it is affecting my ability to play sports!”
- An anonymous teacher was heard to be “juggling her melons” in the kitchen on Breakfast Day!
- A teacher made a daring bet: she would drink water out of a student’s shoe if he managed to finish all of his assignments in one evening!
- A student who is constantly supervised because of suspicious bathroom behaviour was seen entering the gender-neutral bathroom with a banana. Why?
Clips & Tips
These strategies may help some of our teenagers overcome sleep deprivation:
Bits & Pieces
- Notice going home informing parents of our ability to receive visitors once again.
- Both EV and TR to Division Office all day on March 8th.
- School Council in evening on March 8th.
- Assistant Superintendent visiting our school on March 10th.
- PD Day on March 11th: 9:00 AM Librarians’ PD and 1:00 PM IEC and HPSD collaboration.
- Grad photos from March 14th to March 17th.
- Regular biweekly team meeting after school.
- Parent Fundraising Society in evening on March 18th.
- Spring Break from March 21st to March 25th.
- Mid-term report cards on April 19th.
Events This Week
- Monday, February 28th: Regular biweekly team meeting after school.
- Monday, February 28th: Block 2 vaping presentation for JA and KM.
- Monday, February 28th: Turkey Sandwich and Fruit.
- Tuesday, March 1st: No more masks at school.
- Tuesday, March 1st: Our school psychologist here today instead of Monday this week.
- Tuesday, March 1st: Block 2 vaping presentation for JeG and JN.
- Tuesday, March 1st: Hot Lunch is Vegetable Soup and a Bun.
- Wednesday, March 2nd: Block 2 vaping presentation for JoG and RL.
- Wednesday, March 2nd: Hot Lunch is Baked Macaroni and Cheese with Veggies and Dip.
- Wednesday, March 2nd: Bold as an Eagle lunch-n-learn in Room 141 at 11:30 AM.
- Wednesday, March 2nd: Let’s wing it after school in the Staff Room!
- Wednesday, March 2nd: Potentially football awards in evening (TBA).
- Thursday, March 3rd: Block 2 vaping presentation for CW, DW, and FS.
- Thursday, March 3rd: Lunch is Greek Chicken Skewers and Greek Salad.
- Friday, March 4th: Block 2 vaping presentation for SM, NS, and TR.
- Friday, March 4th: Deadline for grad student to register for a sash or feather.
- Friday, March 4th: Hot Lunch is Beef Stew and Bannock.
- One of our EA’s appreciates distraction of the others so that she can be first on the bus, but she needs to be careful that a dead bird won’t trip her up!
- Overheard report in the office: a student was taking a sh** in the boys’ bathroom when the ceiling tile fell on his head! He added that the bottles are still up there, though.
- A staff member accidentally texted her boyfriend to call in sick instead of me, but he had no reception to tell her she had the wrong number until late in the evening!
- A student thinks that his teacher gives off the vibes that she makes all major life decisions based on astronomy!
- A student emailed an assignment to CB, thinking she was JG!
Clips & Tips
In light of some of our past PD regarding bias and preconceived ideas, this video will round out our understanding. This author’s story was so compelling that I could not help but watch the whole discourse. Hopefully, it will be the same for you! Find it here:
Bits & Pieces
- Next regular biweekly team meeting is on Monday, February 28th, at 3:30 PM.
- Staff still wear masks until March 1st, Step Two of Alberta government.
- Still no visitors in our school before Step Two (after March 1st).
- Still no spectators at sports before Step Two (after March 1st).
- We’ll wing it on Wednesday, March 2nd, after school, in the Staff Room.
- Grad students have until March 4th to return a form to CG if they are interested in receiving a feather or a sash at Grad.
- Blanket exercise has been moved to April 29th at 9:00 AM.
Events This Week
- Monday, February 21st: Happy Family Day!
- Tuesday, February 22nd: Admin Association all morning (TR and EV).
- Tuesday, February 22nd: Hot Lunch is Baked Fish and Chips with Coleslaw.
- Tuesday, February 22nd: TR away all afternoon.
- Wednesday, February 23rd: Pink Shirt Day.
- Wednesday, February 23rd: Outdoor Ed and Foods classes go ice fishing.
- Wednesday, February 23rd: Hot Lunch is Broccoli and Cheddar Soup with a bun.
- Thursday, February 24th: Breakfast for all staff and students.
- Thursday, February 24th: Lunch is Turkey Egg Roll in a Bowl.
- Friday, February 25th: EV in PD session all morning (Math for Administrators).
- Friday, February 25th: Hot Lunch is Pizza Bun with Garden Salad.
- Friday, February 25th: Basketball teams leave for Fairview at 2:00 PM.