- Teacher received boxes of things off her online wish list from a total stranger in Ontario!
- New way to save money at our school: if something breaks, print a new one with a 3-D printer like one of our teachers did with a broken keyboard foot!
Clips & Tips
It’s tempting to use TikTok in creative ways for teaching and reaching students, but here’s a word of caution:
Bits & Pieces
- Due to unresolvable issues with Edsembli, Grade 10 timetables have been entered manually (one by one). The advantage to that method is that class sizes are balanced from the first day…
- We expect to complete Grade 11 and Grade 12 timetables over the day Monday and Tuesday.
- Technology Support received stacks of complaints regarding Edsembli glitches on timetables.
- No School on Labour Day, September 5th.
- Casino Time for our Parents’ Fundraising Society, September 8th and 9th
- Overnight Volleyball Trip on September 9th
- School Council AGM at 6:30 PM on September 13th.
- Administrators’ training with CRM on September 14th (online).
- Parent Fundraising Society AGM at 6:30 PM on September 15th.
- PD on September 16th, training for Maplewood and Gradebook with specialist.
- ELAA post-secondary institutions visit on September 20th.
- Administration Association Meeting on September 28th.
- No school on September 30th for Indigenous Day.
- Picture Day on Tuesday, October 4th.
- October 7th PD Day features Dylan Wiliam.
- We are looking at getting a grant for container gardening at our school.
Events This Week
- Monday, August 29th: Chit chat time with snack at 8:30 AM in Room 141.
- Monday, August 29th: All-staff Meeting at 9:00 AM in Room 141.
- Monday, August 29th: Break at 10:00 AM.
- Monday, August 29th: Annual Safety and Organizational Meeting at 10:30 AM in Room 141.
- Monday, August 29th: Assessment Workshop at 1:00 PM in Room 141 (bring buzzer).
- Monday, August 29th: Collaboration time (and last phone calls to parents) at 2:30 PM.
- Monday, August 29th: Staff get-together at the Pratt Ranch in the evening, start 5-ish.
- Tuesday, August 30th: First day of school for Grade 10 and new students.
- Tuesday, August 30th: Corn Maze bonding activity: skeletal staff to stay on site.
- Tuesday, August 30th: Set up tables in gym for assembly next day.
- Wednesday, August 31st: First day of school for all students together: head to gym upon arrival.
- Wednesday, August 31st: Assembly in gym at 8:40 AM, all staff to attend for introductions.
- Wednesday, August 31st: Regular classes begin after assembly.
- Thursday, September 1st: TP away all day
- Friday, September 2nd: TP away all day